Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 21, 2014

Fitbit Comes at You with Force

Fitbit store Being a fitness junkie I love when new gadgets come out. I've been wanting to upgrade my elementary pedometer that reminds me of a pager. With so many technologically advanced step trackers, I wasn't sure which one to go with. Maybe the Jawbone, Nike Fuel Band, FitBit or Polar. After some research and talking to other fitness junkies, I set my mind on the newly released FitBit Force. So I asked for it for Christmas this year and my amazing boyfriend surprised me with it. 

As soon as I ripped open the wrapping paper, I set that sucker up, which took all of five minutes - so very easy for any level of technology user. I've been wearing it faithfully ever since December 25th. I've never really been one to wear a watch, so it took a little getting used to having something on my wrist all day, every day. 

Now, I thought since I work out regularly or feel like I'm constantly running around that 10,000 steps as a goal was going to be so easy to hit. Boy was I wrong! So obviously, everyday it became my mission to make sure I had at least 10,000 steps. What's awesome for person like me is that if I set a goal, or even better, if some little gadget gives me a goal, I HAVE to hit that goal. So your better believe I wanted prove this little watch/tracker wrong and get my steps in before I went to bed each night. If 10 o'clock came and I wasn't at 10k, I would do extra cleaning just to get those last 500-1,000 steps. 

I was also excited to try out the sleep tracker because I do not sleep well and was wondering just how bad it was. Sadly, I'm restless on average for about 2-3 hours each night! Another awesome feature is if you forget to put the FitBit in sleep mode, as long as you have it on your wrist while you sleep, you can manually enter the time you went to bed and woke up and it stores the info. 

Another pro to the FitBit, is it syncs to other apps you might use. For example, I use MyFitnessPal and it's much easier to track my meals here than through the FitBit. I was able to sync up the apps so I enter my food into MyFitnessPal and when I open the FitBit app, it shows my calorie consumption. 

You can also earn points, rewards, etc if you do a little research. I have Humana insurance and I can sync my FitBit so I earn points. I can then use the points for specific items in the Humana "Mall". I just earned enough points to get the FitBit Aria scale FREE!! I can't wait for this to show up! The FitBit also links to Walgreen Rewards and Earndit.com. 

I only have two somewhat negative things to say about this... One, I wish it was completely waterproof. It's only water and sweat resistant so you must take it off to shower, swim, etc. In the beginning I found myself forgetting to put it on after getting out of the shower. But now I'm so used to it that I don't forget. And two, it's little bulky especially for someone who never wears a watch or anything else on their wrist. But overall, I love this gift! 


What fitness/activity tracker to you use?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment!