Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Train Like You Mean It with Nike+ Running App


So the beginning of March my office circulated a contest. This time it was the Nike+ Running Challenge. Simply put, whoever downloaded the app and added all entrants as friends through the app would participate. The winner is the person who runs the most from March 1 - April 30. The winner would then receive $135 to Nike.com. Challenge accepted!



So I downloaded the app for FREE! (get it now https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nike+-running/id387771637?mt=8) I got started a few days late, the 5th of March. But this app is so cool and enticing that regardless of this challenge I highly recommend it. You can use it on an elliptical, treadmill or outdoors to track your runs. The way it works indoors on a machine is it tracks the motion. So you need to hold it in your hand or use an armband. Outdoors it has a GPS tracking in it so obviously you need the phone on you somewhere.



It also counts calories burned, tells you how fast you're going, how many miles, etc. I'm the sort of person that will compete with myself. So if Nike+ tells me I have a new high for a mile run, you better believe I'm gonna try to beat it the next time. It's simple yet so rewarding. You receive badges for milestones or new achievements. So I'm working on receiving more...I only have three right now :(

So for me, the even cooler thing is I have Humana insurance which has a Vitality program where you can earn points to be used for gift cards, hotels, shopping, etc. Nike+ is one of the authorized apps to sync to my account to live a healthier lifestyle. So each run I do with the app syncs to my Humana Vitality account and gives me points. So all around, I love this app. It's always fun to track your progress and if you get your friends involved, you can have a little competition amongst each other!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment!