Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Is p90x Right for You?

When I first began working out, I was not comfortable enough getting a gym membership. That was too much commitment for me and I was self-conscious. I had heard of Beach Body's p90x and my friends and boyfriend were trying it so I decided to give it a shot too. The ease of working out at home at any time really appealed to me instead of trying to make a specific class time or getting in the car to drive the gym. I know that sounds lazy but hey, when you're just getting started, convenience is key.


Just think about it, to this day, all these years later, p90x is still popular. Do you know why that is? Because it works! These 12 DVDs packed with jumps, squats, lunges, punches, kicks, abs and so much more really can get you in the best shape of your life. I personally did not follow the 90 day plan exactly as the booklet states you should, but that was because I played softball, enjoyed rollerblading and going to pilates classes that I didn't want to give up at the time. But my boyfriend followed the program to a T including the meal plan and workout calendar and he lost 30lbs and gained muscle mass. That's why this DVD set is so great, it's useful for everyone.

The DVD I loved the most was plyometrics. See why plyo is so great: http://bit.ly/12dfFcF. Followed by the cardio, ab ripper, and arms DVDs. When I first started the plyo or cardio videos, I could only make it half way through. I was excited when a few weeks later I was able to work my way through the entire DVD workout. And this is important to keep in mind. If you push yourself too hard from the start, you'll burn yourself out. Or you'll be so sore that you'll take a day off, which usually turns into taking multiple days or weeks off... The videos also offer variations depending on your fitness level so you don't go too hard or too easy. Whether I'm popping in one of the DVDs or doing my own routine, the moves are addicting. I incorporate them into any of my routines, like the Superman/Banana, Heisman, Lawnmower, and so many more!

If you are looking for an intense workout that targets all areas of your body, then p90x is perfect. But, if you are a non-commitment sort of person, no fitness routine or DVD set will get you in the best shape of your life. The p90x set is worth the money spent. And the only other items you need are free weights, a mat, bands, and pull-up bar. All these are fairly inexpensive items. 

What's your favorite p90x disk? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment!