Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Switch to a FitBit Flex

So you may have read my post about the Fitbit Force and how much I loved it. Well that was written before the voluntary recall. Now you can't even purchase that model. They pulled them all from the shelves and are revamping it. I guess it was causing a skin rash or burn where the charging port touched the top of you wrist. I never had any issues with it and made the choice to keep mine. A couple weeks ago, I lost mine!! I was so upset and didn't realize just how much I relied on this little device to help me with daily goals.
After searching high and low for someone selling a Force, I had no luck :( However, through my health insurance I earned enough points to get a free Fitbit Flex. I figured a free Flex was better than nothing at all. When my Flex arrived, I felt like a child on Christmas morning. I ripped that sucker open and slapped it on my wrist and had it setup almost immediately. And the rest is history! Just kidding. 

So I've had it a couple weeks and I have to say I love it too! The main thing I really miss is having a watch on my wrist. Now I always have to pull my cell out to check the time. But one feature the Force didn't have was being waterproof. I can wear the Flex in the shower and pool and literally never take it off! Another awesome features is the slim band, whereas the Flex was wider and bulkier. Since the Flex is slimmer, it also seems the clasp stay hooked better. The main reason I lost the Force was because the clasp kept coming undone from the slightest brush up against my side. And lastly, the size of the small Flex band fits my wrist better than the small Force band. This perk is totally dependent on each individual's wrist, so this won't be the case for everyone. But the Flex fits snug to my wrist without cutting off circulation or without being too loose and floppy. And if you're a female and love mixing and matching, you can buy more bands in various colors and swap out the tracker. I just ordered Violet! 
Fitbit.com Dashboard of Stats
I researched quite a few activity trackers and the Flex seemed like the best option at a good price (yes I know mine was free, but even if I paid $99 retail, it's still cheaper than most of the others). So why should you get one? Because getting a better grasp on how many steps you take on a normal day vs a day with exercise, syncing the Fitbit to your MyFitnessPal account, and tracking your sleep is helpful in any weight loss or fitness plan. And, if your friends have a Fitbit too, you can all compete against each other in a fun and healthy way! 

Have you tried a Fitbit yet? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment!